I want to apologize to the bloggers who took the time to nominate me, I will definitely get to them. Thank you so much!
And happy Sunday!.
Ps:- I am on Instagram as Shulaices
And on Snapchat as skafang
Stop by and say hello.
Have an awesome week loves!
First of all, happy new Month guys! And Happy Sunday.
This is going to be a shirt post, mostly questions too.
So Nigeria turned 56 years on the 1st of October (yesterday). I am one of those people who is really proud of her country and my hackles rise whenever others speak unfairly about her.
Nigeria like any other country has its ups and downs, but the one thing I wish we had more of is National Pride. As we post our happy Independence day pictures,posts and comments. How much of that truly resonates with us? Do we stop and reflect on how this is about us and how we need to do better?
Yes we are going through a recession, yes we constantly feel like our government has failed us, but are we also not failing her (Nigeria) by constantly bringing her down and pointing out only her flaws?
We need to take the time to push out positivity and patriotism, show all the good the country has to offer and remember that we are NIGERIA.
WE NOT ANYONE ELSE.
So this sort of happened to me. I am usually reblogging other love, sharing and meet and greet posts.
Until Today when i started recieving links of my own to share.
So if you would like for me to share or reblog your posts, please drop your links in the comments section below.
And in the spirit of community and growth, dont hesistate to click on a link and drop a friendly hello on someone elses blog.
I hope to connect with you all and looking forward to sharing and reading your posts!
I want to apologise to everyone for being off the blogosphere recently and not getting back to all the cooments and messages on time.
Truly sorry for that.
Will do better.
But how is everyone doing? missed you guys. let me know
Yes I know another theme (yet again!) bear with me. Going through that phase.
I pray your December is the best so far and that YOU find joy and peace in this month. AMEN.
Omooba did me the honor of nominating me for this award and for that I am grateful. Just recently discovered this beautiful souls blog and its been worth every trip and read. It will take just a few minutes to click on the above link and see for yourself what I mean.
- First, the award logo’s expected to be displayed openly on the recipient’s blogsite!
- Next, the Blogger who nominated you must be thanked and put up for mention via a link that easily takes one back to their own sites!
- Ten questions as posed by the Blogger who nominated you are expected to be answered!
- You’re also mandated to nominate and notify ten Bloggers of your choosing and pass on the torch to them!
- Finally, you get to task your nominees with any ten random questions that so tickles your fancy!
- What are the top five songs on your playlist? I am an oldies person. Give me Peabo Bryson, Bryan Adams, Celine Dion, Bon Jovi, Mj and any good song before the 2000’s and i’d be hooked. But a couple current songs that creep in and get stuck in my head! Find their place on my playlist too
Then hillsong’s ocean is never far from my most played songs.
2. What are your top five reads? I can never do that to my precioussss(in smigles voice) I feel disloyal choosing just one.
3. What would you say is the best quality in a person? Honesty. Not just in the telling of truth but in the person knowing themselves, being honest to ones self.
(This is an impromptu answer lol)
4. What unnerves you?
Spiders and thoughts of spiders lol.
Being backed into a corner or put on the spot annoys me rather than unnerves but its the closest.
- What keeps you motivated? My Boo and all those little mutants (sorry geniuses doing things before there 20’s)makes me get off my butt. Then watching T.V and seeing those who are worse off stops me from lazing around complaining.
- Why do you blog?
I do it for me, for sanity, for comfort, its therapeutic and the support is comforting.
7. What’s the best thing anyone has ever said to you?
Don’t be anyone else
8. What’s the first thing you do in the morning?
stretch, yawn, open my eyes, usually say Thank you Jesus around this time pray with my boyfriend over the phone.
- Do you like being female? Why?
Yes. Being female is not a burden or an accessory. Its part of who I am, not my identity But part of it. plus I love being a lady.
10. Is happiness the ultimate point of living? Why if you agree, and if not what is?
Happiness is a state of being, your either happy or not at a given time. You make your own happiness.
I have questions (obviously) but they aren’t 10, sorry broken rules, rebellion and so on and okay its not a question but a task.
So here’s mine.
Since its a sisterhood award, show some sister blogs some love.
And write comments on their posts or reblog them.
Easy peasy and you were already sweating!
Public service announcement: you need to step out of your comfort zone and into the amazing world of these bloggers, you’ll thank me later.
thank you so much https://smalltownfashionblogger.wordpress.com for this award and do forgive me for just honoring it. It got lost in spam! Can you believe that?
The Blogger Recognition Award was founded by Eve Estells, Edge of the Night author. This lady created this award so that she could help bloggers connect with each other and help each other. Here are the rules:
Blogger Recognition Award Rules
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing! (It happens LOL).
The History….(Drum roll).
I started my bog three years ago because I needed an outlet. I needed to let all the emotion, confusion and hurt out. And I needed to let some beauty and light in through this expression and art form that has chosen me.
Alot was going on in my country Nigeria and I was also experiencing alot of doubt concerning my major in the university (Building Technology).
So this blog was born out of my need to let out steam and express myself.
And ultimately it has Come to mean so much more and helped me become a better writer and person.
Plus I get to meet so many talented humans (so a big bonus!)
Now my nominees are:-
https://thatrandomilongga.wordpress.com/ (just found her blog and we are on our way to becoming besties!!)😉😊😊
http://poetryandchocolateandbooks.wordpress.com/ (pretty sure she’s tired of these)😁
so I got lazy short of two nominees so I hope I will be forgiven 😊.
Locking forward to your posts!
https://poetryandchocolateandbooks.wordpress.com/ Thank you very much for thinking about me on this one. Poetry and chocloate and books is an amazing blogger whom i came across this month through serendipity. She’s the best!. havent been through all her work but what i’ve seen so far has left me in awe. i am blessed to have stumbled upon her blog and its one i am sticking with. If you havent been, then you are missing out big time. She’s that amazing. And she actually reads your stuff too! how great is that?!
I am truly thankful because my first post happened quite by accident. its not my first write-up or poem, not even the first Item i thought i’d post if ever i started a blog. But I was inspired by my two close friends and voila my first real post was born.
- Copy-paste, link, pingback or whatever way you want to, your first post.
- State what type of post that was. E.G. Introduction, Story, Poem
- Explain why that was your first post.
- Nominate 5 other bloggers. Five because I know the pain of opening a lot of tabs at once.
while in class, my friends were a little down and bored, two of them to be precise. in between concentrating and zooming out, i came up with a piece on both of them.
so here it goes.
My friend is an enigma, she gives you glimpses of her feelings and thoughts.
she opens up in rare moments, you have to look to see, you have to know what to look for.
shes a stand alone series who’s story keeps evolving.
My friend is an open book, she’s expressive, passionate, kind and emotional. she can be hurt easily, and when she cares, she dosen’t hold back.
My friend is a well of personality that swallows you up and takes you by surprise.
My friend is complicated, but only if you think her to be, then you’ll never understand her.
MY friend is a bucket of cold water. A breath of fresh air, a wealth of knowledge, but most of all, my friend is a dreamer with a carefree laughter that startles you at first, but is very infectious.
THAT’S MY FRIEND.
Many of you might not be interested in the challenge but thats okay too!